Please note in order to form teams players from SWCC may be grouped with players from Ft. Richmond, Waverley and/or St. Norbert and possibly Ft. Garry or Macdonald depending on the number of players registered however you must still register with the community club assigned to your catchment.
13U, 15U, 18U Baseball
Starting at 13U players experience full, umpired baseball.
13U A and AA games are Monday, Wednesday and some Sundays
15U and 18U A play Tuesday, Thursday and weekends
15U and 18U AA baseball play Monday, Wednesday and weekends
- The regular season runs Late April/May through June
- For 13U ‘A’ and 15U ‘A’ City playoffs are TBD, 2018
- For 18U ‘A’ and all ‘AA’ teams City playoffs are July TBD, 2018 (most likely the long weekend)
- 13U & 15U AA Provincial playoffs are July 13-15, 2018
- 18U AA Provincial playoffs are July 20-22, 2018
- Team practices will be determined by the coaches. Teams are encouraged to practice weekly, in addition to an average of two games a week
- Games start at 6:30 pm on weekdays and possibly earlier on weekends.
- Home teams warm up 30 minutes before game time. Visiting teams warm up 15 minutes before game time. Coaches for AA teams may request a longer pre-game warm-up
- A jersey (to be returned) and a baseball hat (for keeps!) will be supplied for all players 9U to 18U playing out of SWCC
- Baseball Glove All players are required to provide their own glove and water bottle
- Batting Helmet All players are required to provide their own batting helmet for proper fit, hygiene and safety. Helmets for all players 15U and under require a chin strap
- Baseball Pants All players purchase their own baseball pants
- It is strongly recommended all players 9U (Rookie) and higher wear a jock/jill
- Cleats Proper footwear should be worn however at the 11U A level or under a good pair of runners will do. Metal cleats may only be worn at 15U or higher
- Catcher gear is supplied, usually in two sizes, for teams from 9U to 18U though at the older levels players tend to purchase personal gear
- Bats will be provided for all age groups except 18U AA
- 18U AA players are encouraged to purchase their own wooden or composite bats
NOTE: For 2017 Baseball Manitoba have adopted the following new bat rule for 13U, 16U girls, 21U women (these are all competitions where wood or BBCOR bats are not already required):
- 13U bats can be wood, metal or composite bats up to -10 length-weight rating
- 15U Boys are limited to wood/composite bats or -3 metal bats
- 16U Girls are limited to wood/composite bats or -5 metal bats
- 18U players are limited to wood/composite bats or -3 metal bats
- 18U AA players are limited to wood/composite bats
- For 15U and 18U, the requirement for wood or BBCOR bats remains in place
- All bats can have up to a 2-3/4” maximum barrel and 1.15 BPF (bat performance rating)
All bats that were legal for these age groups in 2016 will still be legal going forward.
For current fees please see the Baseball Overview page.
To register for Baseball please go the the Spring Registration page
Stronger players may wish to try out for the AA Baseball team. The ‘AA’ teams play city-wide, are more competitive and will likely practice more often.
Tryout dates and times are listed on the 2018 Tryouts page
Female players may also opt to try-out/play for the Manitoba Female Provincial Team. Please see www.baseballmanitoba.ca under ‘Parents and Players’ – ‘High Performance’ for details
Winnipeg South Chiefs AAA Baseball
The Winnipeg South Chiefs AAA Baseball program offers the highest level of competitive baseball to those players at the 13U, 15U and 18U age levels that live within the Winnipeg South catchment area. AAA players are still initially required to register through their community club (when registering please select the ‘pay by cheque’ option to simplify the transfer process). Players wishing to try out for AAA baseball are encouraged to visit the WSMBA web site or AAA Chiefs web site for tryout information.
Baseball for 19-21 year old players is offered through Winnipeg South Minor Baseball. Please let the convener know if you are interested in playing AA or AAA Junior Baseball
For more information about baseball, please contact
David Craw at email@example.com
Let’s play ball!