11U Baseball is open to both boys and girls (co-ed teams) and combines the ages of players who will turn 10 or 11 years old in the calendar year. It is very common for first time players to begin playing at the 11U level.
- The season runs May and June, normally 8 home and 8 away games
- City Playoffs for ‘A’ are June TBD, 2018
- City Playoffs for ‘AA’ are June 29-July 1, 2018 with Provincials July 13-15, 2018
- Games for both ‘A’ and ‘AA’ are played on Tuesday, Thursday and some Sunday nights
- Games start at 6:30 pm sharp weekdays (but may play some weekend games)
- Games are 2 hours long or 6 innings (whichever comes first)
- Home teams have a 10 minute infield warm-up 30 minutes before game time. Visiting teams have a 10 minute infield warm-up 15 minutes before game time. Coaches for A and AA teams may request players arrive earlier for a longer pre-game warm-up
- Team practices will be determined by the coaches. Teams are encouraged to practice weekly, in addition to the two games
At 11U umpires are introduced and players begin to learn the art of pitching (the pitch count rule is enforced). If four balls are thrown the coach will ‘soft pitch’ to the batter to encourage hitting and putting the ball into play. Players are encouraged to learn all positions and really get a feel for the game.
Parent involvement is encouraged as score keeping and pitch counting is required.
- A jersey (to be returned) and a baseball hat (for keeps!) will be supplied for all players 9U to 18U playing out of SWCC
- Bats – Team bats will be provided for all age groups except 18U AA. Personal bats (wood or metal) are permitted as long as they meet the league requirements
- Maximum Length 32 inches
- Maximum Diameter: 2-3/4 inches
- Maximum Weight Drop n/a
- Catcher gear is supplied in two sizes for teams from 9U to 18U though at the older levels players tend to purchase personal gear
- Baseball Pants – Players are encouraged to purchase their own pants
- Batting Helmet – It is strongly recommended that players supply their own batting helmet for proper fit, hygiene and safety
- Baseball Glove – All players are required to provide their own glove
- Water bottle – A personal water bottle (clearly labeled) is recommended
- Batting Gloves – are not required but permitted
- It is recommended all players 9U and higher wear a jock/jill (please do not permit a player to play the catcher position withour proper protection)
- Shoes – Proper footwear (Rubber/Plastic Cleats) should be worn however at the 11U A level or under a good pair of runners will do. Metal cleats may only be worn at 15U or higher
For current fees please see the Baseball Overview page
To register for Baseball please go the the Spring Registration page
Stronger players may wish to try out for the AA Baseball team. Games are on Tuesdays, Thursdays and some Sundays. The ‘AA’ teams play city-wide, are more competitive and will likely practice more often.
Winnipeg South Minor Baseball have three AA teams:
- West – Charleswood/Tuxedo/Corydon
- South – Macdonald
- East – Waverley/Ft. Richmond/St. Norbert/Ft. Garry
The 11U AA East team may be hosted out of Ft. Garry or South Winnipeg
Please see the AA tryouts page for information or to register to tryouts (optional)
WSMBA Free Clinics
Winnipeg South Minor Baseball may offer free pre-season clinics if time and space is available. Please visit the WSMBA web page for availability or to sign up.
Space may be limited.
Monster Mosquito Mania
11U teams are strongly encourages to come out to the Monster Mosquito Mania on Saturday, May 12, 2018 at Little Mountain Park. This will be a “jamboree” type of tournament with modified rules that encourage player development. Baseball Manitoba also offers player/coach development clinics to all teams. Coaches please inform your convener to register if you will be attending.
For more information about baseball or if you have any questions, please contact
David Craw email@example.com
Let’s play ball!